Aqualink is a Watch Around Water Accredited Facility
What is Watch Around Water?
Watch Around Water (WAW) is a campaign educating the public about active supervision and encouraging parents/guardians to take on the responsibility of this role while visiting aquatic facilities.
What must you do?
Children under 10 years
- Must be accompanied into the centre by a responsible parent/guardian.
- Must be constantly and actively supervised.
- Parents/guardians must position themselves to have a clear view of the child with no physical or structural barriers between them and the child/children.
- Minimum 1 parent/guardian to 4 children.
Children under 5 years
- Must be accompanied into the centre and the water by a responsible parent/guardian.
- Must stay within arm’s reach during recreational play activities.
- Minimum 1 parent/guardian to 2 children.
What else can we do to enjoy the sun safely this year?
Enjoying the sun safely is so important. This Summer make sure you are prepared to do the 5 S’s. SLIP some protective clothing on, SLOP on that sunscreen, SLAP on a wide-brimmed hat, SEEK out shade when the sun is at its hottest and SLIDE on those sunglasses to protect your eyes. Remember to reapply sunscreen every hour when swimming.
STAY HYDRATED! Swimming all day in the hot sun can leave you quite dehydrated. Dehydration can lead to headaches, poor concentration and fatigue and will spoil your day. Pack an esky with lots of water or grab a cool drink from the cafe.
You can learn more at Life Saving Victoria. There is a free module available here.